Frequently Asked Questions- Library
Table of Contents
- Download or stream eBooks, audiobooks, music and movies
- Hours and Locations
- How do I volunteer?
- Item due dates
- Library card account questions
- Obituary copy requests
- PIN number
- Program and event times
- Reference questions
- Renew or request an item
- Request an InterLibrary Loan
- Tax Season Information
- All of our libraries have public access PCs, printers and limited wireless Internet.
- Printing is available for 0.10 a page.
- Visit the Computer and Internet Policy page for more information
- Book or DVD donations, in good condition, are accepted at any of our locations. Please review our donation policy before bringing items to the library. We prefer not to accept VHS tapes, older encyclopedia sets, older textbooks, or magazines.
- Monetary contributions may be made to help the library purchase books or other materials. Please use the Gift Form.
Download or stream eBooks, audiobooks, music and movies
- Visit the Databases page
- Click on the link on the left hand side for a list of help guides.
Hours and Locations
- Visit the Hours & Locations page
How do I volunteer?
- You must be 13 years old or older
- Visit the Interested in Volunteering? page for more information and forms
Item due dates
- Most books, audio, and periodicals: 3 weeks
- New books: 2 weeks
- Entertainment DVDs and videos: 1 week
- Non-fiction DVDs and videos: 3 weeks
- Materials may be renewed twice (in person, by phone, or via the library catalog), as long as there are no reserves placed on them, or they are not overdue.
- Digital content from OverDrive, hoopla, OneClickdigital, and Freegal Music have varying due dates. Digital content items automatically expire.
Library card account questions
Obituary copy requests
- Visit the Reference by Email page;
- Reference by Mail: The cost of this service is $2.00 for mailing in Manatee County and $5.00 for mailing outside of Manatee County. Please send a check or money order made payable to Manatee County Public Library System and your request to:
Reference by Mail
Manatee County Public Library System
1301 Barcarrota Blvd W
Bradenton, FL 34205
- Your PIN is a four digit number that you would have chosen when you registered for a library card. If you have forgotten your PIN you will need to come into any of the Manatee County libraries with picture identification and we can reset it for you. If you have an email address associated with your account, you can also reset your PIN online from the library account log in page (https://manatee.polarislibrary.com/logon.aspx) by clicking the "Forgot your PIN?" link.
Program and event times
Renew or request an item
Request an InterLibrary Loan
- Visit the InterLibrary Loan page
Tax Season Information
- Please go to this page for information on tax forms, AARP Tax aide, and IRS offices: Taxes