|September 9, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #21
FDOT Mitigation Project at Duette Preserve
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks and Natural Resources
Adoption of Resolution R-14-129 authorizing execution of the Joint Participation Agreement Between The State of Florida Department of Transportation and Manatee County for implementation of wetland mitigation at Duette Preserve.
Florida Statute 125
- The State of Florida has accelerated the construction of the diverging diamond interchange at I-75 and University Parkway.
- This action in turn has accelerated the need to identify and construct environmental mitigation to offset the environmental impacts from the construction of the diverging diamond construction.
- Manatee County was approached by FDOT to investigate options for environmental mitigation to take place on Manatee County property which would be consistent with our own environmental enhancement objectives in many of our preserve properties.
- Manatee County, working with FDOT, identified a suitable mitigation site consisting of drained/impacted wetlands at Duette Preserve in the Lake Manatee Watershed. Implementation of this mitigation project is estimated to cost $2,000,400.
- This project will have the net affect of improving both water quality and water quantity values in the Lake Manatee Watershed at Duette Preserve at no cost to Manatee County taxpayers.
- The County agrees to bear all expenses in excess of FDOT's participation. Provided, however, that the obligation to undertake or complete work, or otherwise bear any expenses in excess of $2 million, shall be subject to annual appropriation by the Board of County Commissioners. Staff believes that the cost estimates are conservative and that reimbursement should cover all anticipated costs.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Provide 2 executed originals of the JPA, and a certified copy of the Resolution to Kay Rogers, Parks and Natural Resources Department, ext. 6043, for transmittal to FDOT for signature.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Project Summary.pdf
Attachment: map location_duette_fdot mit 20140610.pdf
Attachment: map location_manatee_fdot mit 20140610.pdf
Attachment: exh concept 70ac.pdf
Attachment: Legal reply.pdf
Attachment: RESOLUTION R-14-129.pdf