|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers First Floor 9:00 am - September 7, 2017|
Agenda Item #10
PA-17-02/Ordinance 17-15 - County Initiated Plan Amendment for Water Supply Facilities Work Plan - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6641
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-17-02, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes
• The state's water management districts periodically evaluate whether adequate water supplies exist to meet the needs of their areas.
• If a district finds that the water supply will not be adequate, it must prepare a regional water supply plan, identifying alternative ways in which water supply needs can be met for the next 20 years.
• Local governments that fall within an area subject to a regional water supply plan are required to amend their comprehensive plan to adopt a water supply plan covering at least a ten-year period.
• The most recent SWFWMD update was approved on November 17, 2015. Local governments are then required to adopt a 10-year Water Supply Facilities Work Plan into its comprehensive plan within 18 months of approval of the RWSP.
• The deadline to meet this requirement is May 2017. The Board of County Commissioners is anticipated to adopt the Water Supply Facilities Work Plan on May 23, 2017. This comprehensive plan text amendment will adopt the 10 year water supply plan by reference and update time frames.
• On May 11, 2017, by a vote of 6 -0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rhoades was absent.
• On June 1, 2017, the Board of County Commissioners voted to recommend transmittal.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the June 1, 2017 Board of County Commissioners public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• Staff recommends approval
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0101 on April 19, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed approval document to email@example.com for timely distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Water Supply Facilities Work Plan PA-17-02 Ord17-15 for 9-7-2017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Agency Comments for 9-7-2017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising for 9-7-2017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Ordinance 17-15 - Water Supply Facilities Work Plan PA-17-02 for 9-7-2017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - FINAL Water Supply Plan.pdf