|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers First Floor 9:00 am - September 7, 2017|
Agenda Item #13
LDCT-17-01/Ordinance 17-30 - Toit Land Development Code Text Amendment - 20170018 - MEPS643 - Legislative - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the requirements for text amendments in Section 341.2 of the Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Ordinance 17-30 amending the Manatee County Land Development, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• On November 2016, Mrs. Misty Servia, AICP, with King Engineering Associates, Inc., agent of the property owner, held a Pre-Application Meeting pertaining to a proposed Boatel. Since the definition of a Boatel, as well specific development standards and transportation management language related to this land use are not clearly defined on the Land Development Code, the applicant is requesting approval of an amendment of the current regulations of the above referenced legal instrument.
• This amendment is not tied to any formal application for the development of a Boatel facility; however, the regulations established as part of this request will allow for future entitlements for Boatels within Manatee County. The proposed amendments, to allow Boatel as a land use, will enable the expansion of lodging opportunities available for development within the County using a new approach to waterfront utilization.
• The following proposed amendments of the Land Development Code (LDC) are identified as attachments to this document (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C and Exhibit D) in strike-through/underline format:
o Amendments to Section 200 of the LDC, Definitions, to strike Boatel from the Hotel definition, and establish a new definition for Boatel as a standalone use. (See Exhibit A)
o Amendments to Section 401.2 of the LDC to revise the Schedule of Uses in Agriculture and Residential Districts (Table 4-1) and the Schedule of Uses in Non-Residential Districts (Table 4-2), to add Boatel as a new use under the category of lodging places, and prohibiting the use in all standard zoning districts established in Tables 4-1 and 4-2. (See Exhibit B)
o Amendments to Section 402.5 of the LDC to revise the Schedule of Uses for PD Districts (Table 4-7), to add Boatel as a new use under the category of lodging places, and establish the use as “permitted” only in the Planned Development Mixed Use (PDMU) and Planned Development Waterfront (PDW) zoning districts, while prohibiting it in all other planned development zoning districts. (See Exhibit B)
o Amendments to Section 531.28 of the LDC, Standards for Specific Uses, Lodging Places, to add Subsection 531.28.C in order to establish specific use standards for boatel use. (See Exhibit C)
o Amendments to Section 1001.8.H of the LDC to add Subsection 101.8.H.6 to establish structure numbering assignment procedures for boatels. (See Exhibit D)
o Amendments to Section 1005.3 of the LDC, Parking Ratios (Table 10-2), to add a new row to the table beneath Lodging Places: Boarding House, to establish a parking ratio for boatels. (See Exhibit D)
o Amendments to Section 1006.4 of the LDC, Loading Space Uses (Table 10-7), to amend the row pertaining to Hotel, Motel by adding the phrase “Boatel” to the uses. (See Exhibit D)
• Staff recommends approval.
• On May 11, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rhoades was absent.
• On June 1, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to August 3, 2017.
• On August 3, 2017 the Board of County Commissioners held the first of two required public hearings. No action was necessary at that time.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0208 on April 14, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - TOIT LDC Amendment - LDCT-17-01-Ord. 17-30.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit A Definitions Revised August.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit B Zoning.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit C Standards for Specific Uses.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit D Transporation Management.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: LDCT-17-01 - Ordinance 17-30 LDC Amendment Boatel 9-7-2017 BCC.pdf