|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #22
PDMU-12-04(P) - The Preserve at Walden Lake dba Royal Palm Townhouses - DTS20140115 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for a Preliminary Site Plan for 216 multi-family units, a clubhouse, gym, garage, maintenance and storage buildings, and a mail kiosk.
• The site is on the east side of US 301, and west side of 33rd Street East, approximately 1,008 feet south of S.R.70, Bradenton on approximately 38.49 acres.
• The site is in the PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use) zoning district.
• If approved, this request will supersede all previous Final Site Plan approvals.
• The site is part of a planned development mixed use project that received General Development Plan approval in 1999. That plan included Sam’s Wholesale Club and Sabal Cove Apartments. At that time, the subject site was approved for 80 senior housing units and a 126 bed group care home (= 21 units). The 101 dwelling units were not constructed and the General Development Plan expired.
• In 2006, the Board of County Commissioners granted Preliminary Site Plan approval for 74 single-family attached residences on the subject parcel. The approved Final Site Plan expires on December 14, 2014. Staff recommends a stipulation with the current request repealing prior final site plan approvals.
• In 2012, the Board of County Commissioners granted General Development Plan approval for 216 multi-family units. According to LDC Section 508.8.1.1, there is no expiration date for the 2012 General Development Plan approval.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the August 14, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this agenda memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by July 8, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDMU-12-04- Walden Lake dba RoyalPalm 9-4-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - The Perserve at Walden Lakes - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment Letters - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 Bc.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report revised - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter - Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - The Preserve at Walden Lake - PDMU-12-04(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf