|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #21
Z-14-02 - Manatee County School Board Rezone - MEPS313 - DTS20140244 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-14-02, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The vacant 10± acres site is on the northeast corner of Caruso Road and S.R. 70 East in Bradenton. The site is a division of a 147± acre parcel.
• The site is in the R/O/R Future land Use Category (FLUC). The intent of the R/O/R FLUC is to provide for a broad range of commercial, office, and residential uses as listed in Comprehensive Plan Policy 220.127.116.11.2.
• The intent of the proposed GC zoning district is to provide for a variety of commercial retail uses and services. GC zoning is consistent with the R/O/R Future Land Use Category.
• The current A zoning district is intended to preserve agricultural lands and allow for other uses consistent with agricultural operations. The A zoning district limits commercial retail uses to farm equipment and supply establishments, while commercial service uses are limited to veterinary clinics, bed and breakfast, funeral home/chapel and lawn care /landscaping establishments.
• The site is in an area where commercial zoning and uses are already established. Policies 18.104.22.168.(1) and (2) of the Comprehensive Plan require commercial sites be large enough to accommodate the building and provide adequate setbacks, buffers, access points, parking, and loading areas. The site exceeds the minimum lot area (7,500 sq. ft.) required for the GC zoning district.
• At time of development, future structures will be required to comply with LDC Figure 6-2 (Schedule of Area, Height, Bulk and Placement Regulations). Additionally, any structures erected on the site will be required to meet a 25-foot front yard setback along S.R. 70 and Caruso Road.
• The site is within 1,000 feet of two functionally classified roadways designated as Collector or higher. Therefore, the site meets commercial locational criteria and is eligible to be considered for commercial zoning. Furthermore, properties within the R/O/R FLUC are not required to achieve compliance with the commercial locational criteria (Comprehensive Plan Policies 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199).
• Staff recommends approval.
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Z-14-02 - Blackrock Comm SR70 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Blackrock Commercial - Z-14-02 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Blackrock Commercial - Z-14-02 - 9-04-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Manatee County School Board - Z-14-02 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Manatee County School Board - Z-14-02 - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Manatee County School Board Rezone - Z-14-02 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - Blackrock Commercial - Z-14-02 - 9-4-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Manatee County School Board - Blackrock Commercial - Z-14-02 - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf