|September 24, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #36
State FY 18/19 Home Care for the Elderly (HCE) Grant Agreement - Amendment No. 2 with Senior Connection Center, Inc.
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Program Manager / Ext. 3646
- Authorization for Chairman to execute Amendment No. 2 of the HCE-18/19-MAN agreement with Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Home Care for the Elderly Program decreasing the funding amount by $6,172.50 and adopting a new Budget Summary reflecting this change.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 125
- Amendment 2 allows for a decrease in the Subsidy service of $6,172.50 form the HCE funding agreement.
- The HCE Subsidy funds are provided by the state through the Senior Connection Center, Inc., encouraging the provision of care for the elderly in family type placement by providing monthly financial subsidy payments to the caregiver.
- The decrease is a result of recent changes made to the HCE program by the Department of Elder Affairs which includes an increase to the Basic Subsidy service paid out to current caregivers from $106 a month to $160.
- Some of our provider service area of counties, including Manatee, Hillsborough, Polk, Highlands, and Hardee, did not have enough funding to sustain this increase in subsidy pay out.
- This decrease is after the end of the service delivery date of 6/30/19 in order to transfer funds to other counties so that they could meet their clients needs.
- This decrease had no impact on Manatee County clients during the 18/19 grant year.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two originals of Amendment 2 to Neighborhood Services Department. One original will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$57,509.50 State Funds HCE FY 18/19 17390000923
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: HCE Amend 2 1819.pdf