|September 24, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #37
Contract for Sale and Purchase of Manatee County Surplus Land located at PID 313600009, Myakka City, Florida 34251
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Brandie Adams, Real Property Specialist, Property Management Department, Extension 3993
- Review bidding log and approve the sale of surplus land to the highest bidder, Richard Walter, as Trustee of the Colleen K. Walter Credit Shelter Trust Under Agreement Dated March 17, 1999 as Amended and Restated on October 24, 2007.
- Accept and execute Contract for Sale and Purchase between Richard Walter, as Trustee of the Colleen K. Walter Credit Shelter Trust Under Agreement Dated March 17, 1999 as Amended and Restated on October 24, 2007.
- Execute County Deed conveying PID 313600009 to Richard Walter, as Trustee of the Colleen K. Walter Credit Shelter Trust Under Agreement Dated March 17, 1999 as Amended and Restated on October 24, 2007, which will be held in escrow and recorded in the Official Records of Manatee County upon receipt of the complete bid amount from the Buyer.
Florida Statutes 125.35
- On November 28, 2017, the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution R-17-144 which declared PID 313600009 surplus property and authorized its disposition.
- Pursuant to Resolution R-17-144, the Board determined it to be in the best interest of the County to sell the property to the highest and best bidder or to the adjacent property owner.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 125.35, the property was offered for sale to the public; pursuant to Resolution R-17-144, notices of the County's intent to dispose of the property by way of public sale were sent via certified mail to adjacent property owners on July 19, 2019.
- The Notice of Sale of County Land was published in the Bradenton Herald once a week for two consecutive weeks, with ad run dates of July 23, 2019, and July 30, 2019.
- The public bid sale was held on August 16, 2019; a total of 4 qualifying bids were received.
- The highest bidder was Richard Walter, Trustee of the Colleen K. Walter Credit Shelter Trust, who submitted a bid for $62,500. Richard Walter is an adjacent property owner who intends to use the property for agricultural purposes.
- The highest bidder has paid to Manatee County a deposit of $6,250 and has signed the Contract for Purchase and Sale.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward originals of the executed Contract for Purchase and Sale and the executed County Deed to Brandie Adams at email@example.com and copies of both to Richard Walter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
A total of $62,500 will be paid by Buyer for the purchase; Buyer is also responsible for recording fees and any closing fees associated with the sale.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase - PID 313600009.pdf
Attachment: Bid Log.pdf
Attachment: Bradenton Herald Affidavit of Publication.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf
Attachment: County Deed - PID 313600009.pdf