|September 24, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #55
Future Land Development Code Amendment Process
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri Coryea, County Administrator, x3468
John Barnott, Building & Development Services Dept. Director, x3887
Authorize the County Administrator to proceed with a revised plan and timeline for the Land Development Code amendment process, effective October 1, 2019.
- The current Amended and Restated Land Development Code (LDC) was adopted by Ordinance 15-17 on June 4, 2015.
- Amendments to the LDC are adopted through a public hearing process at various times and when changes are necessary to add/delete/modify Land Development Codes.
- In early August, the Board of County Commissioners asked the County Administrator to review and suggest changes and a timeline for LDC amendments.
- The County Administrator met with the County Attorney's Office, Building and Development Services, and others.
- The County Attorney's Office provided a list of significant areas to address in the LDC that need amendments. (CAO Response Memo to Matter 2019-0361 attached)
- Building and Development staff worked with other impacted departments/parties to prioritize and provide a timeframe to address that list.
- During the time the LDC issues were being addressed, House Bill 7103 was approved by the Governor's Office. As this is an immediate impact legislatively to the County's process, the Building and Development Services management group, with the help of the County Attorney's Office, was tasked with reviewing and proposing a new alignment to areas impacted by the bill.
- A draft list of priority options, assignment request suggestions, and timeframes for completion was determined. Following review and discussions by the Board of County Commissioners, it is the intent to have a finalized list to continue the LDC amendment process on a new path beginning October 1, 2019.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: CAO Response Memo to Matter 2019-0361 - HB 7103 - Development Orders and Permits.pdf
Attachment: Memorandum re LDC and Comprehensive Plan Amendments.pdf
Attachment: LDC Amendment Process Slides.pdf