|September 24, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #39
Resolution R-19-128 Declaring a Public Hearing on October 22, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. for Vacating a Portion of Roseland Drive and Pine Street within the Rose Park Plat
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6289
- ADOPT Resolution R-19-128.
- Florida Statutes, Chapter 336.09, Closing and abandonment of roads.
- Manatee County Land Development Code, Section 331, Vacation of Streets and Plats.
- The Applicants, Marco of Manatee Inc. and St. Nick's LLC, are requesting a vacation of a portion of Roseland Drive and Pine Street within the Rose Park Plat.
- In July 2019, Terra Siesta Co-Op Inc., who was originally the third party to the proposed vacation application, formally withdrew as an applicant.
- The area of Roseland Drive that is proposed to be vacated is 17,760 square feet and the area of Pine Street that is proposed to be vacated is 6,000 square feet.
- Jurisdictional reviews were sent to appropriate Manatee County Departments and private reviewing entities and only one (1) conditional objection was received from Ken Kohn, Project Engineer II, Stormwater Division.
- The Stormwater Division of Public Works requested the conveyance of a permanent drainage easement to Manatee County. Said easement has been drafted by Tim Knowles, attorney for the applicant, and deemed sufficient by Ken Kohn of the Stormwater Division. Said easement will be simultaneously presented at the proposed public hearing.
- Clarke Davis, Interim Deputy Director of Public Works, requested a single, shared access to U.S. 301 for the parcels that abut U.S. 301. Said parcels will have interconnected traffic circulation and, in turn, the U.S. 301 parcels traffic circulation will be connected to either Pine Street or the cross-connection stub of the developed commercial property to the east.
- The vacation application complies with the technical requirements of the Manatee County Land Development Code and pertinent Florida Statutes.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the Applicant.
- Manatee County's application filing fee of $200 has been paid.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a certified copy of the resolution to Charles Meador, Property Management Department, 1010 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton Florida 34205.
Email a copy of the agenda to: Charles.Meador@mymanatee.org and Juliet.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Vacation Applicaiton.pdf
Attachment: Terra Siesta Co-Op, Inc. Withdraw Letter.pdf
Attachment: Jurisdictional Review.pdf
Attachment: Ken and Clarke (Public Works) - No objection.pdf
Attachment: Response Memo PJD 5-13-2019.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf