|September 24, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #30
FDEP Beach Nourishment 11ME1 Agreement, Amendment #1
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorize the Chairman to execute Amendment #1 to Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment project agreement 11ME1 with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection; and adoption of Budget Resolution B-14-009 amending the Annual Budget of Manatee County, FL, for FY 2013-2014.
- The majority of the Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project is part of the Federal Manatee County Shore Protection Project which was restored in 1993. Nourishment was completed in 2002. In 2005, a portion of the island received federally funded hurricane recovery nourishment. Restoration of the Coquina Beach segment and the City of Anna Maria segment was completed in 2011.
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), pursuant to Section 161.091, Section 161.161, Florida Statutes, provides financial assistance to eligible governmental entities for beach erosion control activities under the Florida Beach Management Funding Assistance Program.
- FDEP has determined that 100 percent of the 2014-2015 Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project cost is eligible for State cost sharing.
- FDEP Agreement 11ME1 was executed by the Board on January 10, 2012.
- Amendment #1 increases the State funding an additional $421,482 and extends the completion date to December 15, 2016. Manatee County's matching funds are also increased an additional $421,482. These additions are being provided to Manatee County to offset the increased costs of permitting and design for construction of the pending Coquina Beach Project into 2014 along with anticipated increases in post-construction monitoring costs to meet additional federal monitoring requirements.
- Adoption of Resolution B-14-009 is requested to amend the annual budget of Manatee County for FY 2013-2014. Manatee County's matching funds will come from Beach Renourishment Fund Reserves that are generated from the Beach Renourishment portion of the Tourist Tax.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send two signed original agreements to Jayne Roberts, Natural Resources Department, email@example.com, for transmittal to Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$421,482 312.0990002 Beach Erosion Capital Projects Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 11ME1 amendment #1.pdf
Attachment: B-14-009 -FDEP 11ME1 Beach Project.pdf