|September 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #33
Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee Appointment
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks and Natural Resources
Ext. 6001, email@example.com
Appointment of one new member to the fifteen member Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee (ELMAC).
New applicant requesting appointment is Randal R. Cooper.
Resolution 93-55 establishing the ELMAC Committee
Resolution 92-288 establishing uniform policies for advisory boards/committees
Ordinance No. 03-62 expanding the membership to fifteen members
- The new applicant requesting appointment will fill an At-Large (1 year term) position.
- The nine categories represented are as follows:
(1) member from Chamber of Commerce's Environmental Committee (3 year term), filled by Mike Burton, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) member from the Florida Engineering Society (2 year term) filled by Patrick Healy, expires 06/02/2017.
(1) member with a background/education in Banking or Finance or Real Estate (2 year term) filled by Brad Hawkins, expires 07/26/2018.
(1) member from a local Environmental Group (3 year term) filled by Ingrid McClellan, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) member schooled in Natural Science: Ecology, Biology, Botany, etc. (2 year term) filled by Patsy Ugarte, expires 07/26/2018.
(1) member with a background or education in Active Outdoor Sports (2 year term) filled by Scott Tussing, expires 07/26/2018.
(1) representative from the Agricultural Community (3 year term) filled by Jim Parks, expires 06/02/2018.
(1) representative/employee of the Manatee County School Board (2 year term) filled by Richard Smith, expires 08/11/2017.
(2) At-Large representatives (3 year terms) filled by John McDonald and William "Bill" Webster, both expire 06/02/2018.
(5) At-Large representatives (1 year term) filled by Deborah Wentworth Lansing, expires 06/02/2017; James "Bob" Nicholson, expires 07/26/2017; David Landers, expires 07/26/2017; Timothy Polk (1 year term), expires 07/26/2017; new applicant, Randal R. Cooper (1 year term), expires 09/13/2017.
- Terms of service for ELMAC are for one year, two years, or three years.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send copy of approved agenda to Lena Rapp, Parks and Natural Resources Department, ext. 6014, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Cooper, Randal R. ELMAC App.pdf
Attachment: ELMAC Membership List 09-13-2016.pdf