|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - September 11, 2014|
Agenda Item #11
Ordinance 14-16 - River Club DRI18 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, the Manatee County Land Development Code, and Section 380.06, Florida Statutes, subject to the conditions of approval established in the Development Order, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Ordinance No. 14-16, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• River Club Park of Commerce is at the southeast corner of I-75 and S.R. 70 and extends southward to Linger Lodge Road and east to Braden Woods on ±249 acres. The site is in the MU (Mixed Use) and P/SP-1 (Public/Semi-Public-1) Future Land Categories and zoned PDMU (Planned Development Mixed Use).
• River Club Park of Commerce DRI was originally approved in 2001 for a mixed use development and has since been amended. The DRI is currently approved in ten (10) phases for 425,000 square feet of commercial retail and service space, 325,000 square feet of office space, 60,000 square feet of industrial space, 270 motel rooms, 500 residential units (multi-family/single-family attached) and a four acre out-parcel for two single-family lots.
• Mr. Robert F. Greene, authorized agent for River Club Holdings, LLC, the Residences at River Club, LLC, and Casvak River Club LLC (owners), requests approval of an amended and restated Development Order, pursuant to Chapter 380.06, Florida Statutes for the River Club Park of Commerce Development of Regional Impact (DRI #18). The amendment includes the following: changes to Map H and the development order; update of phasing and build-out dates to reflect legislatively approved extensions; amend procedures and add tables for a Land Use Exchange; amend and increase the total number of residential uses allowed from 500 to 725; and add the assisted living facility (a.k.a group care home) as an allowed residential use.
• The request is accompanied with a revision to the Zoning Ordinance, and General Development and Preliminary Site Plans.
• The process to amend the DO is different than past requests due to legislative changes approved by the state. The amendment is not being processed as a Notice of Proposed Change (NOPC) in which the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council reviews and approves the amendment and makes a recommendation to the County. Per House Bill 979, Sub Section k. (approved during 2012 legislative session), the requested modifications to the Development Orders only require an application to the local government in accordance with the local government’s procedure for amendment of a development order. Following adoption, the local government shall render a copy to the Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO).
• Staff has reviewed and concurs that the proposed changes to the DRI and Map H do not increase the number of external peak hour trips and do not reduce open space and conserved areas within the DRI project. Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on August 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - River Club Park of Commerce DRI Ord. 14-16 - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - River Club Park of Commerce DRI - Ordinance 14-16 - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 14-16 - River Club Park of Commerce DRI - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - River Club DRI - Ordinance 14-16 - Bradenton Herald - 9-11-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - River Club DRI - Ordinance 14-16 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-11-2014 BC.pdf