|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers September 1, 2016 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #18
PDR-04-14(P)(R3) - Mandarin Development, Inc./Riva Trace - DTS20150340 - Quasi-Judicial - Nicole Knapp - Continued from August 4, 2016
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Nicole Knapp, Planning Section Manager, 941-747-4501 ext. 6836
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein; I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-04-14(P)(R3); APPROVE the amended Preliminary Site Plan with the sole change being to delete the emergency access onto Meeting Street with Stipulations A.1 – A.13, B.1 – B.6, C.1 – C.7, D.1 – D.3, E.1 – E.6, as amended.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Applicant is requesting a revision to the previously approved Preliminary Site Plan (PSP) to eliminate the emergency access on Meeting Street and to revise Zoning Ordinance PDR-04-14(P)(R) by deleting Stipulations A.9 (prohibiting construction traffic from utilizing the emergency access) and A.10 (prohibiting residential home construction traffic from utilizing the emergency access). A companion application is for the vacation of 600-feet of improved platted right-of-way known as San Miguel Cove (R-15-127, R-16-116).
• This project has a history dating back to July 26, 2005. Each site plan reviewed and/or approved during this timeframe included the emergency access at Meeting Street with the requirement that the emergency gate meet the requirements of Manatee County Ordinance 04-30 (Section 2-28-2, Code of Ordinances) requiring that the gate is accessible by either a remote control or siren activated system.
• November 5, 2015, the Board approved a motion directing staff to work with the County Attorney’s Office to prepare options for consideration to amend Section 2-28-2, Code of Ordinances, regarding emergency access gates and to bring options back for method of emergency access.
• May 24, 2016, Robert Smith, Public Safety Director, presented the results of the Fire Districts and Public Safety’s review of Section 2-28-2, Code of Ordinances. Various agencies providing emergency services within Manatee County review this Section and the recommendation was not to make any revisions to Section 2-28-2, Code of Ordinances.
• There is no possible means of connectivity from Riva Trace Subdivision from the north or from the east based upon geographic barriers. The Braden River lies along the northern boundary of the project, I-75 is along the east boundary of the project.
• July 7, 2016, Based upon review and site inspection performed by Public Safety Department and Emergency Medical Services Chief, the proposed connection between San Miguel Cove and Meeting Street is unnecessary, as the width and layout of the roadway alleviates the need for a secondary means of access. Both Public Safety and Emergency Medical Services recommend approval of the request to remove the access gate and connection to University Place. In addition, Public Safety Department and Emergency Medical Services recommend approval of the vacation request of the southern portion of San Miguel Cove.
• Staff recommends APPROVAL with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on August 24, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report Sept 2016 - Riva Trace - PDR-04-14(P)(R3).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 1 - BOCC 11052015 MINUTES - ITEMS 3 - 5 - 6.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - BOCC 05242016 DRAFT MINUTES - Item #56.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2A - 021216 MEMO FROM PUBLIC SAFETY DIRECTOR.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - Riva Trace Street Exhibit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - Riva Trace Floodplain Exhibit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - Riva Trace LOMR Exhibit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - 2010 Storm Surge Atlas Mark-up.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 7 - Riva Trace CHHA Exhibit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 8 - PSP COVER SHEET S&S.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 8 - PSP Sheet 7.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 8 - PSP Sheet 9.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 8 - PSP SHEET 48.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 9 - Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and two Aerials - Riva Trace - PDR-04-14(P)(R3) - 11-5-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 11 - Ordinance.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 12 - Public Comments.pdf