|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers September 1, 2016 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #19
PDR-16-06(Z)(P) - Neal Communities of Southwest FL, LLC/Tides End - DTS20160173 - MEPS548 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-06(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1-B.2, and C.1-C.2; GRANT Special Approval for: 1) a project in the Coastal Evacuation Area, and 2) a project in the Coastal High Hazard Area; and GRANT Specific Approval of alternatives to Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.7 (reduce required 25 foot front yard setback), and Section 1005.3 Table 10.2 (reduce required parking for a Private Neighborhood Park), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, agent for Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC (owner), is requesting approval of a rezone from A-1/CHHA/CEA (Agricultural Suburban/Coastal High Hazard Area/Coastal Evacuation Area) to PDR/CHHA/CEA (Planned Development Residential/Coastal High Hazard Area/Coastal Evacuation Area) for a ±19.6 acre property located on the south side of 17th Avenue NW, east of 99th Street NW.
• The request includes an associated Preliminary Site Plan for a 38 lot, single family residential subdivision.
• The requested PD-R zoning is consistent with the existing development pattern and zoning of nearby properties and is a logical extension of the residential development pattern.
• This property has a D.5 – Specific Property-Development Condition (D.5.16 in the Comprehensive Plan), which limits the property to a maximum of 38 residential units.
• The RES-3 FLUC provides for a maximum gross residential density of 2.0 du/ac unless a Special Approval is applied for (which requires a rezone to Planned Development), The proposed density is 1.94 du/ac.
• The project is requesting 2 Special Approvals
1. To allow a project in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA)
• The project is requesting 2 Specific Approvals
1. From Section 402.7.D.7 to reduce the required front yard setback from 25 feet to 23 feet.
• Staff recommends Approval with Stipulations.
• On August 11, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter#2016-0588 on July 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tides End - PDR-16-06(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps, FLU, zoning and aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Special and Specific Approval Request Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 -Evacuation Tides End Review - Signed 5-23-2016.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - School Board Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Ordinance.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 11 - Final Order Fl. Admin. Commission.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 12 - Public Comments.pdf