|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers September 1, 2016 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #15
PA-16-03/Ordinance 16-23 - Plan Amendment - Countywide Amendments - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to adopt Ordinance 16-23.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• As part of staff’s review of the Urban Corridors area, we found that there were general provisions within the Comprehensive Plan that could be updated now, but apply Countywide, not specifically to the Urban Corridors’ amendments (which are being processed as a separate amendment).
• The changes proposed include clarifying existing provisions, resolving inconsistencies and repetition, and updating policies that have already been implemented in the Land Development Code.
• One major change proposed as part of this set of amendments is the gradual elimination of the Land Use Operative Provisions (LUOP) chapter. It is not a common practice in Florida to have such a document, and found that many of the provisions in that chapter are either in the Land Development Code (LDC), should be moved to the LDC, or moved to specific element Goals, Objectives and Policies.
• The Introduction chapter was also streamlined for the same reasons.
• The Definitions chapter was updated to reflect newer definitions included in the Florida Statutes or LDC.
• And the boundaries of the Urban Core were expanded to include additional property.
• On June 9, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• On June 21, 2016, by a vote of 4 - 2 , the BOCC voted to transmit the plan amendment to the State.
• A summary of State and Agency comments received after Transmittal and how they are addressed is provided within the staff report. Each letter is attached to the staff report. The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) provided a “no comment” letter.
• Staff recommends adoption of the plan amendment.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter #2016-0317 by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document and attachments to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Also, please forward a copy of the executed document and attachments and the letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report -ADOPTION - PA-16-03 - Ord 16-23 Countywide.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Countywide Amendment REVISED8-16-16.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit A.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit B.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit C.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit D.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit E .pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-23 - Exhibit F.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Agency Comments.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Summary of Changes from Consultant.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Public Comments.pdf