|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers September 1, 2016 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #16
PDUI-16-05(G) - Tropicana Manufacturing Company, Inc./Tropicana Master Development Plan - DTS20160154 - MEPS546 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDUI-16-05(G); APPROVE the Master Development Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.5, B.1, and C.1–C.2, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Alan Prather, Esq, with Porges, Hamlin, Knowles, & Prouty, P.A, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Master Development Plan (MDP) for the Tropicana Manufacturing Company pursuant the Manufacturing Development Program (LDC Section 357).
• The Master Development Plan proposes a total of 4,000,000 square feet of manufacturing and accessory uses (including the existing 2,243,858 square feet facility) on a ±175.94–acre site generally located north of US 301, east of 9th Street East, west of 15th Street East, and south of 13th Avenue East.
• The Tropicana site is designated under the IU (Industrial Urban) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), zoned PDUI (Planned Development Urban Industrial), and part of the MDO (Manufacturing Development Overlay District).
• The proposed Master Development Plan is consistent with the requirements of the approval process set forth in LDC Section 357.6., which includes the following:
- Attend a Pre-conference meeting with County staff. The Pre-Conference meeting was held on 12/18/2015.
• The proposed MDP is substantially consistent with:
- The General Development Plan for Tropicana Products, Inc. [PDUI-02-27(Z)(G)] approved by the Board of County Commissioners on 11/02/2004, and
• The MDP identifies a list of “Permitted Uses” (limited to manufacturing uses, and accessory uses incidental to manufacturing activities), proposes a maximum FAR of 0.52 (1.25 is allowed within the IU zoning district), and 13.79% of open space (minimum 10% is required).
• The proposed MDP is consistent with the provisions of the Comprehensive Plan, fulfilling the regulations of LDC Section 402.17 – PDUI Zoning District, and complies with all the requirements of LDC 357.6.6 related to the “Criteria for approval of a Master Development Plan”.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On August 11, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the August 11, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter #2016-0619 on August 2, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Tropicana - PDUI-16-05(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Certification of Eligibility.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Master Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Extension Letters.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 -Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Ordinance.pdf