|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 7, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #7
PA-17-07/Ordinance 17-53 - Capital Improvements Element - Annual Update - 2018-2022 - Legislative - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Tech./Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-17-07/Ordinance 17-53.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Capital Improvements Element (CIE) must be reviewed by the local government on an annual basis.
• Modifications to update the 5-year capital improvement schedule is accomplished by ordinance and is not considered an amendment to the comprehensive plan per state statutes 163.3177(3)(b).
• With the adoption of HB 7207, the 5-year plan is no longer required to be “financially feasible” or transmitted to the state land planning agency for review. However, a courtesy copy will be provided to the Department of Economic Opportunity – Division of Community Development.
• This is the annual update to the Capital Improvements Element (CIE) contained within the Comprehensive Plan for FY2018 – FY 2022
• The CIE is a subset of the previously BCC adopted Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
• The CIE contains only those items from the adopted CIP which provide for expansion of services for concurrency related facilities.
The concurrency related facilities include:
• The amendment requires one public hearing for the adoption of the amendment by the Board of County Commissioners.
• Staff recommends adoption of the plan amendment providing the annual update to the CIE.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0564 on November 3, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Plan Amendment Capital Improvements Element. 12072017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: PA17-07Ordinance 17-53 - CIE Adoption - 12072017 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf