|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #14
PDR-14-14(P) - Summer Woods - DTS20140052 - Quasi-Judicial - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan PDR-14-14(P) with Stipulations A.1-A.3, B.1–B.6, C.1–C.6, D.1-D.2, and E.1; ADOPT the Findings for Special Approval for 1) a project for which gross residential density exceeds one dwelling unit per acre (Comprehensive Plan Policy 188.8.131.52.4); and 2) a project adjacent to a perennial lake or stream (Comprehensive Plan Policy 184.108.40.206); ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 604.10.3.3(k) (to allow a smaller building setback for buildings, swimming pools, pool cages or other structures that could potentially conflict with buffer vegetation when adjacent to roadway and greenbelt buffers); Section 714.8.7 (to allow the installation of smaller diameter trees) and Section 715.3.4 (to allow one canopy tree per lot frontage instead of one tree per 50 linear feet), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Summer Woods Preservation, LLC has filed a Preliminary Site Plan (PDP) in an existing PDR (Planned Development – Residential) zone district. The 268.14 + acre site is south of Moccasin Wallow Road and west of U.S. 301 N. in Manatee County. The majority of the property was zoned PDR in 2007, with the remaining acreage rezoned to PDR in 2010. In 2007, the property was granted approval for 302 residences (240 single family detached, 60 single family attached, and 2 single family semi-detached). In 2010, an additional 260 units were granted approval.
• This request will adopt a new PSP. The total number of residential units will not change with this new request, just the mix of residential unit types.
• The applicant is requesting Special Approval to allow:
• The applicant is requesting Specific Approval to allow:
• The site is in Flood Zones “X,” “AE,” and “A”; the developer will establish the Base Flood Elevation in the Zone “A.”
• Water and Sanitary Sewer will be provided;
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations; and
• On August 14, 2014, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Special Approval Request - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Summer Woods PDR-14-14(P) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Summer Woodsl - PDR-14-14(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P)- 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9 - 4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slide Show - Planner - Summer Woods - PDR-14-14(P) - 9-4-2014 BOCC.pdf