|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers September 4, 2014 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #25
PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - Heritage Harbour - GDP - DTS20120375 - Quasi-Judicial - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, and subject to approval by the Board of County Commissioners of the Amended and Restated Local Development Agreement, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance PDMU-98-08(G)(R6); APPROVE the revised General Development Plan; and GRANT Special Approval for a project in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category; as recommended by Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Heritage Harbour is an approved multi-use development that includes commercial uses (primarily located adjacent to S.R. 64 and the I-75 interchange); institutional and office uses located north of S.R. 64 and south of Port Harbour Parkway, and residential units spread across the entire property.
• This request is proposed to remove the 12 acre marina from the DRI and designate the parcel to allow the development of 96 single family attached, semi-detached, detached, or multi-family units, and 78 boat slips.
• There is no proposal to increase the total number of dwelling units, but proposed to reallocate residential units from other parcels to the removed marina parcels (Parcels 12 and 13).
• Other modifications are proposed to update phasing and build-out dates to:
• The General Development Plan (GDP) will be amended to reflect the changes as outlined above.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the August 14, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on July 15, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Heritage Harbour GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Heritage Harbour GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - 9-4-2014 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Heritage Harbour GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - Bradenton - 09-04-2014.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Heritage Harbour GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Heritage Harbour - 9-4-2014 BC Complete as of 8-28-14.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Ordinance - Heritage Harbour GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow Planner - Heritage Harbour - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: SitePlan - Heritage Harbour - GDP - PDMU-98-08(G)(R6) - 9-4-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Additional Comments received after Books Distributed for 9-4-2014 BC.pdf