|PLANNING COMMISSION Manatee County Government Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #3
PDC-05-79/PSP-13-76 – XPRESS STORAGE AT PORTAL CROSSING - DTS #20130496 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - SHELLEY HAMILTON
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6863
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, Agent for XPress Storage – Portal Crossing, requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 368 mini-storage warehouse units on 3.12 ± acres zoned PDC (Planned Development Commercial.
• The site is located at the southeast corner of S.R. 64 East and Portal Crossing, approximately 675 feet west of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard. The site has approximately 1,000 feet of frontage along S.R. 64 East.
• The property was rezoned to PDC with an accompanying Preliminary Site Plan in 2008. The Preliminary Site Plan was approved to allow a convenience store with gas pumps, a car wash, a bank, retail space and restaurants. To date, the convenience store, the car wash, and some of the retail space has been built. This mini-storage facility will replace the remaining retail space that was originally approved for the property.
• The project will consist of 368 mini-storage warehouse units in four, one-story buildings and a 181 square foot office building for a self-service kiosk. A portion of the buildings will be climate controlled. The facility will be open 24 hours per day/7 days a week.
• The site has access to both S.R. 64 East and Lakewood Ranch Boulevard via Portal Crossing.
• Specific Approvals have been requested for the following:
- A reduction in parking; and
- Alternative to tree replacement sizes
• The applicant did not hold a neighborhood meeting for this application. There are no residential uses adjacent to the proposed use, and therefore, did not feel it was necessary to alert the adjacent commercial uses.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 02/11/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Xpress Storage - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - XPress Storage at Portal Crossing - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - DTS20130496 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Request for Specific Approval - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Elevation - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - 140313 PC.pdf
Attachment: Parking Analysis - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Adv - Xpress Storage - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - 03-13-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - PDC-05-79 - PSP-13-76 - Xpress Storage at Portal Crossing - DTS20130496.pdf