|PLANNING COMMISSION Manatee County Government Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #6
PDC-12-15(P)R) – U.S. 41 @ PEARL AVENUE - DTS 20130493 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - SHELLEY HAMILTON
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-12-15(P)(R); and APPROVAL of the revised Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.12; B.1; C.1 - C.2; and D.1 - D.2, ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval for: 1) an alternative to LDC Section 714.8.7 of the Land Development Code to allow the installation of smaller diameter trees, and 2) an alternative to LDC Section 715.3.3 for Foundation Landscaping; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Bonus Properties, Inc. has filed a Preliminary Site Plan application for commercial development on approximately 2.08 + acres zoned PDC (Planned Development\Commercial) on the northeast corner of U.S. 41 and Pearl Avenue, to develop with s 5,928 square foot convenience store, with 8 pumps (16 fueling stations) and an 8,773 square foot dispenser canopy;
• Previously approved to allow a 4,400 sq. ft. convenience store with 8 pumps (16 fueling stations), and a 4,720 sq. ft. canopy for the fueling stations. Also proposed, is an additional 7,250 sq. ft. free-standing building.
• The site is designated R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) on the Future Land Use Map. The property is also located Whitfield Residential Overlay; the Historical and Archaeological Overlay District; and Airport Impact Overlay District;
• The site is in an “A-1” Flood Zone, and in the Bowless Creek Flood Insurance Study Profile area;
• Water and Sanitary Sewer will be provided; and
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 3/10/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps-Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Race Trac US41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request Letter - Race Trac US41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Analysis - Race Trac US41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC -.pdf
Attachment: Rendering - Race Trac US41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - US 41 and Pearl Avenue - PDC-12-15(P)(R) - 4-10-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments - Race Trac US 41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Race Trac US41 and Pearl Ave - PDC1215 - 04-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - RaceTrac US41-Pearl Ave - PDC-12-15(P)(R) - 20140410 PC.pdf