|REVISED September 9, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #39
Interlocal Agreement with City of Palmetto - Traffic Management Center (TMC)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sage Kamiya, Deputy Director - Traffic Management, Ext. 7425
Vishal S. Kakkad, Traffic Design Division Manager, Ext. 7812
Authorization for Chairman to execute the Interlocal Agreement for joint participation between Manatee County and the City of Palmetto for the operation and maintenance of the Traffic Management Center (TMC).
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has encouraged the creation of, and has agreed to provide funds toward, a unified regional Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) for Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
- In May 2005, the Florida Department of Transportation, Sarasota County, Manatee County, the City of Sarasota, and the City of Bradenton entered into an Interlocal Agreement for cooperation and coordination in the operation of a Unified Intelligent Transportation Management System. The May 2005 Interlocal Agreement defines a proportional share and allocation of costs, based on population.
- City of Palmetto will have the ability to conduct traffic signal management out of the Traffic Management Center located within Manatee County's Public Safety building.
- City of Palmetto has agreed to participate in the operation and maintenance of the communication network and connected traffic control devices.
- Interlocal Agreements between Manatee County and other stakeholders were approved by the Board of County Commissioners on June 7, 2011 (City of Bradenton) and November 19, 2013 (Sarasota County and City of Sarasota).
- City of Palmetto and the Manatee County Public Works staff have negotiated the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- City of Palmetto and Manatee County desire to enter into an Interlocal Agreement providing for the participation and sharing of personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of the Traffic Management Center and related infrastructure. City of Palmetto will bear its proportional share of the ongoing operational and maintenance costs of the Traffic Management Center associated with such operation, and proportional allocation shall be based upon population pursuant to the May 2005 Interlocal Agreement.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return one executed original and one executed copy to Vishal S. Kakkad, Traffic Design Division, Public Works Department. Ext. 7812.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
$469,495 (Estimated Annual) TMC Operating Budget
Attachment: SchulhoferR_City of Palmetto_TMC Agreement_RLS Memo_14-079_Response.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit A - May 2005 Interlocal Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit B - Manatee County Public Safety Building TMC Space Allocation.pdf