|REVISED September 13, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #20
Grant Agreements with Florida Sports Foundation
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, Exec. Director, CVB x5913
Contact: Monica Luff, Sr. Admin. Spec., CVB x5913
Authorization for CVB Director to execute three (3) Grant Agreements with Florida Sports Foundation.
- The Florida Sports Foundation has awarded the Bradenton Area Sports Commission (a division of the Bradenton Area CVB) with three (3) grants: a $7,000 grant for Australian Rules Football; a $17,500 grant for the USL Super Y Championship; and a $25,000 grant for US Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase & Nike Friendlies.
- Australian Rules Football will be held October 16, 2016, at Premier Sports Campus and will generate approximately 300 room nights and approximately $1 million in economic impact.
- The Super Y Championship will be held December 9 - 13, 2016, at IMG Academy and will generate approximately 1,400 room nights and approximately $4 million in economic impact.
- The US Soccer Winter Showcase & Nike Friendlies will be held December 1 - 5, 2016, at Premier Sports Campus and will generate approximately 10,000 room nights and approximately $6 million in economic impact.
- The grant monies will off-set facility expenses.
- The Florida Sports Foundation assists Florida Sports Commissions with grant monies to secure events that would otherwise be held in other states.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff and Eva Galler: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please send original, signed agreements to Monica Luff, CVB.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FSF Grant Confirm Letter - 2016.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant - Aust Rules Football 2016.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant - Super Y - 2016.pdf
Attachment: FSF Grant - US Soccer 2016.pdf