|REVISED October 9, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #44
Invitation to Negotiate #16-01 PM Old Jail Site Located at Judicial Center
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Bishop, Director, Property Management, Ext 3004
- Authorize staff to enter into negotiations with The Croghan Company (DBA Connect Bradenton) to enter into a long-term lease for redevelopment of the Old Jail section of the Judicial Center to multi-family residential housing.
- Florida Statute Chapter 125, County Government
- In July of 2016 an Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) was issued seeking proposals for a long-term lease of the Old Jail section of the Judicial Center for redevelopment into multi-family housing (ITN attached).
- The sole response received was a proposal from The Croghan Company to redevelop the Old Jail into multi-family housing (copy of response attached).
- The ITN was placed on hold on November 2, 2016, due to concerns expressed by constitutional officers (Sheriff, Clerk of the Court, and Judicial).
- A worksession with the BCC was held on February 14, 2017 on this issue. County staff undertook a review of the concerns presented. Meetings and discussions have been held among County staff, impacted constitutional officers and Mr. Croghan.
- Authorization to negotiate an agreement would allow the development proposal to move forward and details developed to address concerns that have been raised by impacted constitutional officers, including those outlined in a letter dated August 30, 2018, from Angel Colonneso, Clerk of the Court (copy of letter attached).
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Assistant County Attorney Anne Morris and Assistant County Attorney Bill Clague have opined on four Requests for Legal Services regarding the Old Jail. Each RLS response is attached to this agenda item.
Instructions to Board Records
Please email a stamped approved copy of the agenda to Joy Leggett-Murphy, email@example.com, and Charles Meador, Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: RLS 2016-0377 and RLS 2016-0329.pdf
Attachment: RLS Response 2018-0161.pdf
Attachment: RLS for Parcel Out 2016-0202.pdf
Attachment: Old Jail Site ITN.pdf
Attachment: 9.13.18 Manatee Jail Conversion ITN Submission.pdf
Attachment: Clerk of Court's August 30 Letter.pdf