|REVISED October 9, 2014 Planning Commission|
Agenda Item #4
LDA 13-01-DTS20130297-Canoe Creek-Quasi-Judicial-Lisa Barrett
Contact and/or Presenter Information
This is the first of two required public hearings. The second hearing is scheduled for November 6, 2014 with the Board of County Commission.
Recommend approval to the BOCC.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for approval of a new Local Development Agreement for Canoe Creek Subdivision.
• Canoe Creek Subdivision is approximately 304.09 acres on the north and south sides of Golf Course Road around its intersection with Jim Davis Road at 14355 Golf Course Rd., Parrish, zoned PDR (Planned Development Residential) zoning district, within the North Central Overlay District.
• On May 5, 2011, the site was rezoned to PDR and a Preliminary Site Plan [PDR-10-11(Z)(P)] was approved for 896 lots for single-family detached residences.
• Concurrent with the proposed LDA, the applicant requests a revision to the Canoe Creek Ordinance to allow for variety in single-family unit type. With the LDA and the request for a longer CLOS (Certificate of Level of Service) a variety of single-family housing types with enhanced recreational facilities was reviewed as part of the Transportation Impact Analysis. The original PSP approval was for single-family detached units only. The revision will allow single-family attached and semi-detached units, as well as detached units. No multi-family units or revisions to the site plan are proposed.
• The applicant submitted for a Local Development Agreement to extend the CLOS for the Project by 6 years.
In consideration for extending the CLOS consistent with the County charge of $100 per unit per year of extension, the LDA terms include Applicant commitments for the following contributions for which impact fee credits are calculated:
o An access, flowage, and stormwater retention easement necessary for future four lane Golf Course Road in the amount of $95,667.00 with $66,948.00 applied toward the CLOS extension;
o An area for floodplain compensation for future four lane Golf Course Road improvements in the amount of $151,852.00 to be applied toward the CLOS extension; and,
The related engineering, permitting, and construction of facilities in connection with the stormwater retention easement necessary for future four lane Golf Course Road improvements, and floodplain compensation for future four lane Golf Course Road improvements in the amount of $50,000.00 to be applied toward the CLOS extension.
• When these improvements have been provided and associated impact fee credits have been applied in the amount of $288,800.00, the CLOS for the project shall have an expiration date of the earlier of (i) May 5, 2022, or (ii) six (6) years from the issuance of the CLOS.
• This is the first of two required public hearings. Staff recommends that the Planning Commission recommend approval of the LDA to the Board of County Commission. The County must announce the date, time, and location of the second hearing, which is scheduled for November 6, 2014. The Board will be requested to act on the LDA at the second hearing.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on September 16, 2014
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps FLU-Zoning-Aerial-LDA1301_CanoeCreek-10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: LDA Final 10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Exibit A-10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Exhibit C-10-09-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - LDA-13-01 - Canoe Creek LDA - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 10-9-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising -LDA-13-01 - Canoe Creek Local Development Agreement - Bradenton Herald - 10-9-2014 PC.pdf