|REVISED October 7, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #15
Amendment #1 to the FY 14/15 Alzheimer's Disease Initiative (ADI) Grant Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / Ext. 3646
- Authorization for Chairman to execute Amendment #1 to the FY 14/15 Alzheimer's Disease Initiative (ADI) Agreement ADI-14/15-MAN between Manatee County and The West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc. (WCFAAA), increasing the agreement amount, revising the budget summary, wording changes, revision of annual co-payment collection goal; and
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-008 amending the annual budget for Manatee County, Florida for fiscal year 2014/2015.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
- Amendment #1 increases the funding amount by $91,953, replaces the budget summary to reflect the increase, revises some contract language, and revises the annual co-payment collection goal.
- The additional funds are the result of state legislative action and were allocated according to the approved funding formula.
- Amendment #1 will allow for existing clients to continue receiving services and will allow for additional clients to be enrolled from the wait list.
- Budget Resolution B-15-008 reflects the unanticipated increase in grant revenue.
- Manatee County has served as the Lead Agency for the Alzheimer's Disease Initiative grant program for the past twenty-three years.
- Grant funds are provided by the state through the West Central Florida Area Agency on Aging, Inc., to provide case management and in-home respite services to Manatee County residents aged 60 or older afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease or some other form of severe dementia.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return three original agreements and a copy of the Budget Resolution to the Community Services Department. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$253,445 State / $6,046 Client Copay $259,491 Total ADI 14/15 1739000020
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs