|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 6, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #4
Second Public Hearing for Termination of Local Development Agreement for Long Bar Pointe - Quasi-Judicial - William Clague
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: William Clague, 941-748-4501 ext. 3750
I move to approve the termination of Local Development Agreement for Long Bar Point Development in the form recommended by the County Attorney’s Office and presented in this public hearing.
• This is the second of two required public hearings to terminate the Local Development Agreement (LDA) for Long Bar Pointe pursuant to a settlement agreement that was approved by the Board during its April 7, 2016, Land Use Meeting.
• This item was originally noticed for hearing during the Board’s May 5, 2016, Land Use Meeting, continued to the Board’s June 2, 2016, Land Use Meeting, continued to the Board’s August 4, 2016, Land Use Meeting, and continued to this Land Use Meeting.
• The settlement relates to a lawsuit filed in 2013 concerning transportation conditions in a 2004 site plan for a portion of Long Bar Pointe. The settlement has no bearing upon the ongoing litigation relating to environmental policies that apply to the development of that property.
• The County Attorney's Office recommended approval of the settlement agreement, and recommends termination of the LDA because:
• The County Attorney’s Office recommends that the Board vote to terminate the LDA as provided in the settlement agreement.
• The Board will also be asked to amend the site plan approval, and to approve the award of impact fee credits during this same Land Use Meeting, as provided in the settlement agreement.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
This is a County Attorney item.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Termination of LDA (final).pdf
Attachment: Executed Settlement Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Notice of 2nd hearing (LDA).pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Bradenton Herald Line 6-2-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - Sarasota Herald Line - 6-2-2016 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf