|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 6, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #6
PDMU-06-80(G)(R2) - Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park, LLC/Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park - DTS20160230 - MEPS559 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-06-80(G)(R2); and APPROVE the Amended General Development Plan with Stipulations 1 - 14; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Ms. Darenda Marvin, AICP, Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins Gladfelter & Galvano, P.L., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a revised General Development Plan to increase the industrial square footage by 737,000 for a total of 882,000 square feet of industrial uses, to revise stipulations to be consistent with current standards for stipulations, and to provide a Schedule of Uses for the Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park.
• The GDP site is approximately ±280.16 acres located on the east and west sides of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard and south of SR 64 East.
• The parcel is located in the IL (Industrial Light) and the ROR (Retail/Office/Residential) future land use categories. Surrounding uses include single family residential, commercial, public safety (East Manatee Fire Rescue District HQ), and the Lena Road Land Fill.
• Infrastructure to serve the project is located within Lakewood Ranch Boulevard and/or Gatewood Drive.
• 20% of open space is required and will be provided as each project is developed.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On September 8, 2016, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter #2016-0622 by emails on August 8, 10 and 22, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Ranch Commerce Park - PDMU-06-80(G)(R2).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - Maps.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - GDP.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - PD Schedule of Uses - LWR Commerce Park.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - SCHOOL REPORT.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Ordinance PDMU-06-80(G)R2).pdf