|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 6, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #13
PDMU-15-17(Z)(G) - Pen Bay I, LLC/Peninsula Bay - DTS20150341 - MEPS483 - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as stipulated herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-15-17(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan, including the Design Requirements (dated May 17, 2016), with Stipulations A.1–A.6, B.1–B.6, and C.1–C.7; finding that the criteria in Section 402.7.D.9 for increased building height are satisfied; GRANT Special Approval for:
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Caleb Grimes with Grimes Goebel, et al, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone to PD-MU, approval of a General Development Plan and Design Requirements for a mixed use project:
• Project Acreage: 358.5 acres
• Project Location: north of Cortez Road, east and west of 115th Street West and south of Palma Sola Bay in southwestern Manatee County.
• PDMU district allows a flexible development approach to encourage:
• RES-6 and RES-9 Future Land Use Categories
• Special Approvals:
• Specific Design Requirements for the Peninsula Bay establishes setbacks, project heights, uses within the Resort Residential District and Marina District.
• Specific Approvals:
• The project has an approved Local Development Agreement outlining methods and procedures to mitigate transportation impacts and provide for the construction of roadway improvements as a proportionate share project.
• Open Space: 179.7 acres (50%)
• Property used for active agriculture since the early- to mid-1900’s.
• Wetland Acres: 70.82 acres; proposed impacts: 0.90 acres impacted for lake creation
• Ecosystem Management Plan
• Marina/Upland Cut Canal
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On July 14, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 1, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower voted nay stating the traffic to the island is very important via Cortez Road, there needs to be a plan put together to provide for traffic before this project approved.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the July 14, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• The September 1, 2016 Board of County Commissioners public hearing was cancelled due to Hurricane Hermine. This item was readvertised and renoticed for the October 6, 2016 Board of County Commissioners public hearing.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter #2016-0526 on June 22 and 30, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Peninsula Bay - PDMU-15-17(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 2 - MAPS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - specific approval letter.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - 12.14.15 School Report Peninsula Bay.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - DESIGN REQUIREMENTS 08-17-2016.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 7 - GENERAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 9 - ROAD IMPROVEMENTS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 10 - Transportation Impact Analysis.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 11 - Applicant request for additional time.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 12 - Rep. Photos for Height Increase.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 13 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 14 - Ordinance PDMU-15-17(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 15 - Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: updates compiled together.pdf