|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers October 6, 2016 - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #11
PDR-15-29(Z)(P) - J&L Land Co/Country Walk Estates (fka J&L Land Co/Ellenton Estates) - DTS20150430 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner - Continued from August 4, 2016
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-29(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1-B.5, C.1-C.6, and D.1-D.7; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) partially within a designated Entranceway, 2) adjacent to perennial stream, and 3) with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections 402.7.D.5, and 701.3.B.3.c (Eliminate a portion of required 15-foot greenbelt buffer), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• Mr. Donald A. Neu, AICP, NEUMORRIS Consulting, LLL, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and a Preliminary Site Plan for 187 lots for single-family detached residences.
• The 60.1± acre vacant site is located on the east side of 36th Avenue East (Ellenton-Gillette Road), and south of 89th Street East (Amlong Road), Palmetto. The site is within the RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC), and partially in a designated Entranceway of the County (I-275 Corridor – approximately 8 acres).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
o Two access points, along Ellenton-Gillette Road and Amlong Road.
• Special Approval is required for adjacent to a perennial stream (Cabbage Slough), partially located within a designated Entranceway of the County (I-275 Corridor), and with habitable structures located within the 25-year floodplain.
• Specific Approval is requested to LDC Section 402.7.D.5 and 701.3.B.3.c, to eliminate a portion (160 feet in length) of the required 15-foot wide greenbelt buffer adjacent to a 20-foot drainage easement.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On July 14, 2016, by a vote of 4 – 3, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge, Mr. Bower, and Mr. Horrigan voted nay due to compatibility issues with existing neighborhood.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the July 14, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On August 4, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 2, the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to October 6, 2016.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the August 4, 2016 Board of County Commissioners public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
• After the August 4, 2016 Board of County Commissioners public hearing the applicant submitted a revised Preliminary Site Plan that proposed to:
o Reduce the total number of lots from 187 to 172
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to by email to Matter 2016-0546 on June 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Country Walk Estates - PDR-15-29(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Maps - Zoning, FLU, and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Specific Approval Request.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Traffic Impact Analysis without appendices.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - School Board Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Ordinance PDR-15-29(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Public Comments - Country Walk Estates - PDR-15-29(Z)(P).pdf