|REVISED October 5, 2017 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-16-21(Z)(P) - Armstrong, Len Tran, Inc./Turner, Cone and Graham, Inc./Silverstone - 20160639 - MEPS637 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-21(Z)(P); and APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.5, B.1–B.5, C.1-C.5, and D.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of two dwelling units per acre in RES-3 Future Land Use Category (FLUC); 2) adjacent to a perennial stream; and 3) a project partially in the 25-year floodplain, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, ZNS Engineering requests a rezone of 289.64± acres to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 799 lots for single-family detached residences.
• The site is on the west side of I-75, south side of 69th Street East, east side of Ellenton Gillette Road and north side of future segment of Experimental Farm Road (Ellenton, Manatee County). The site is in a designated Entranceway of the County. The proposed project is required to meet all applicable Entranceway standards listed in LDC Section 900.
• There are 2.90± acres in the RES-3 (Residential – three dwelling units per acre) FLUC and 286.74± acres in RES-6 (Residential – six dwelling units per acre) FLUC. RES-3 and RES-6 FLUCs list suburban or urban residential uses in the range of potential uses for consideration.
• The total number of residential units (799) proposed is below the maximum number of dwelling units permitted (1,729) per Manatee county Comprehensive Plan, Land Use Operative Provision. Therefore, the project has established gross density compliance with the Future Land Use Map.
• Special Approval is required for a project exceeding a gross density of two dwelling units per acre in the RES-3 FLUC and adjacent to a perennial stream.
• Planned development is the process necessary to achieve Special Approval. Planned development zoning also provides greater flexibility for the project when establishing appropriate buffers and setbacks to help mitigate potential adverse impacts such as odors from surrounding agricultural neighborhoods and traffic noise from I-75.
• The site is in the A, AE and X Flood Zone Categories (FIRM Panel 12081C0167E and 12081C0159, effective March 17, 2014).
• The Land Development Code (LDC) requires two means of access for a project with more than 100 units. The Preliminary Site Plan shows access connecting 69th Street East; Ellenton Gillette Road and future Experimental Farm Road.
• There are 19.59± acres of wetlands and 0.06± acres of wetland impacts.
• In addition to the 2.55± acres designated for recreational amenity, Manatee County Felts Audubon Preserve, Terra Ceia Preserve State Park, Terra Ceia Preserve Frog Creek and Buffalo Creek Park are within a one mile to three (3) mile distance from the site.
• Schools servicing this site are Tillman Elementary, Lincoln Middle and Palmetto High schools.
• The applicant hosted a neighborhood meeting with the residents on 3/9/15. Concerns raised include traffic and circulation routes.
• According to the design, lots for single-family detached residences are proposed along the eastern boundary of the site adjacent to I-75 and the southern boundary adjacent to future Experimental Farm Road. Staff has a concern that future residents may be subject to traffic noise from vehicles traveling along I-75, future 47th Avenue East Ellenton Gillette Road and future Experimental Farm Road. To address any potential noise impacts from vehicles traveling on I-75, the Preliminary site Plan design shows a 100-foot wide landscaped roadway buffer with a berm/wall combination which is to be determined by a noise study prior to Final Site Plan approval and installed adjacent to I-75.
• A 20-foot wide roadway buffer is also proposed on the west side of future 47th Avenue East (internal roadway running north and south along the eastern part of site) and along Ellenton Gillette and future Experimental Farm Road. In addition to landscaping, staff recommends installation of a fence along future Experimental Farm Road.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
• On September 14, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower was absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0438 on August 17, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Silverstone - PDR1621ZP - 10517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps - Silverstone PDR-16-21ZP - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 3 - PSP - Silverstone PDR1621ZP - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 4 - TIA without appendices - Silverstone PDR1621ZP - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 5 - School Report Silverstone PDR1621ZP - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Applicant Request for Special Approval - Silverstone PDR1621ZP - 10517 BCC.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavits - Silverstone PDR1621ZP - 91417PC.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Newspaper Advertising - Silverstone PDR1621ZP 20160639 637 100517 BC.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Ordinance PDR-16-21(Z)(P) - Silverstone 20160639 MEPS637 - 100517 BCC.pdf