|REVISED October 21, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
Emerson Point Preserve Management Plan 10-Year Update
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks & Natural Resources,
ext. 6001, firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcement of public hearing scheduled for Saturday, October 25, 2014, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, at the Emerson Point Preserve classroom.
Florida Statute 125
Florida Statute 253.034 and 259.302
Florida Administrative Code Chapter 18-2
- The Emerson Point Preserve Management Plan serves as the basic statement of policy and direction for the management of Emerson Point Preserve as a Manatee County Parks and Natural Resources Department management natural area.
- It identifies the goals, objectives and actions that guide each aspect of administration and sets forth the specific measures that will be implemented to meet resource management objectives and provide balanced public utilization.
- As a requirement, this 10-year update to the Plan reflects management actions and accomplishments since the previous management plan update of October 17, 2000.
- The Emerson Point Preserve Management Plan 10-year update public hearing is scheduled for Saturday, October 25, 2014, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, at the Emerson Point Preserve classroom.
- Regulations mandate that the October 25th public hearing be advertised in a paper of general circulation, that a public hearing sign be posted on the parcel or project designated for management, and that the October 25th meeting be announced at a scheduled meeting of the local governing body (Board of County Commissioners) before the actual public hearing.
- Upon approval, this Emerson Point Preserve Management Plan 10-year update will replace the previous management plan for Emerson Point Preserve, approved October 17, 2000.
- The Draft Management Plan can be found on the County's website at http://www.mymanatee.org/home/government/board-of-commissioners/bocc-meetings/agendas.html.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs