|REVISED October 21, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #47
Health Council of West Central Florida (HCWCF)
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services Department, x3489
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager
Community Services Department, x3493
Appointment of two (2) people to the Health Council of West Central Florida Advisory Board for a period of two (2) years each beginning immediately upon appointment. The categories for appointment are one (1) person who is a health care provider and one (1) person who is a health care consumer over age 60.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
Florida Statutes Chapter 408.033 Local Health Councils
Manatee County Resolution 92-288
- The purpose of the Health Council of West Central Florida (HCWCF) is to assess the health status of area residents, develop policies for improving health services, and to prepare a district health plan to guide state certificate of need decisions.
- The Health Council consists of twelve members, two of whom Manatee County appoints for two-year terms. The other members are appointed as follows: Hillsborough County (5), Polk County (3), Hardee County (1), and Highlands County (1).
- There are two categories for Manatee County Appointments:
- Health Care Consumer over age 60
- Health Care Provider
- The applicants for Health Care Consumer over 60 are:
- Ray Dielman - District 1. Mr. Dielman is the current chairman of the HCWCF advisory board. He is a retired member of the American Board of Nuclear Medicine Scientists and Health Physicist. He is certified in Nuclear Medicine and Radiological Sciences.
- J. Douglas Salthouse - District 3. Mr. Salthouse is a retired marketing executive in the Pharmaceutical industry and holds an MBA. He has been in Manatee County for about 3 years.
- The applicants for Health Care Provider are:
- Carolyn A. Schmidt - District 1. Ms. Schmidt has been in Manatee County for approximately 2 years. She has extensive experience in home and community based care.
- Eric Folkens, M.D. - District 3. Dr. Folkens owns four urgent care walk in clinics in Manatee (2) and Sarasota (2) Counties. He has been in Manatee County for 9 years.
- Terms will begin immediately and expire September 30, 2016.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Ray Dielman Application.pdf
Attachment: Eric Folkens Application.pdf
Attachment: J Douglas Salthouse Application.pdf
Attachment: Carolyn Schmidt Application.pdf