|REVISED November 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #33
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from Three Angels, Inc., for property located at 3515 U.S. Highway 301 North, Ellenton, Florida PID 927000000
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439.
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284.
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with Three Angels, Inc., for the purpose of the Ellenton Gillette Road Intersection Improvement Project (U.S. 301 at Ellenton-Gillette Road) in the amount of $132,169.00.
Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes. Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 5.1 addresses the safety and efficiency of forecasted vehicular demands.
- The Ellenton Gillette Road Intersection Improvement Project (U.S. 301 at Ellenton Gillette Road) was approved in the FY 2014-2018 CIP 381-6035161.
- Parcel 3 is improved with a freestanding commercial building that is owned by Three Angels, Inc. The property is leased to ISHA & NIDHI, INC., and is used as a convenience store business named "Jay's Discount Beverages."
- The project requires a partial acquisition of 450 square feet, which is a corner clip that will cause the loss of several parking spaces and a sign pole negatively effecting customer traffic flow.
- On July 13, 2015, Appraiser Nicholas Chop, MAI, Florida Valuation, Inc., determined the value of the area for acquisition at $55,700.00: Land taken, $7,450.00; Improvements, $3,300.00; Severance Damages, $43,250.00; and Cost to Cure, $1,700.00.
- Three Angels, Inc., the owner, retained attorney Andrew G. Diaz with Gaylord, Merlin, Ludovici & Diaz.
- Property Acquisition was assigned to handle and negotiate with the owner's attorney to reach an agreement for the land. The owner's appraiser valued the land and severance damages at $111,500.00.
- A settlement was reached at $132,169.00 for land/severance as full compensation and includes legal and experts costs. Manatee County, as the condemning authority, is required to pay a landowner's attorney fees and reasonable and necessary expert costs in eminent domain proceedings.
- This settlement will eliminate eminent domain and additional litigation fees and costs.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition Division, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org.
Please email a copy of the executed contract to Michael Sturm at Michael.Sturm@mymanatee.org and Johnnie Yetter at Johnnie.Yetter@mymanatee.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $132,169.00 to 381-6035161, Ellenton Gillette Road Intersection Improvement Project (U.S. 301 at Ellenton Gillette Road)
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase Three Angels, Inc. Parcel 3.pdf
Attachment: Cost Avoidance Analysis Three Angels, Inc Parcel 3.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf