|REVISED November 3, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
44th Avenue Road Improvement Project (30th Street East to 45th Street East) / Florida Power & Light Subordination Agreement
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Daniell, Interim Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Ext 3009.
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Ext 6289.
- Execution and Recording of Subordination of Utility Interests and Agreement for Reimbursement for Additional Facility Relocations between Manatee County and Florida Power & Light Company as related to the proposed improvements to 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East).
Chapters 73, 74, and 127, Florida Statutes.
- Manatee County proposes to improve 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) and has acquired the necessary parcels either by negotiated sale and purchase or by eminent domain.
- The purpose of the Subordination Agreement is to allow Manatee County to acquire Florida Power & Light Company easements to become a part of its right-of-way.
- Florida Power & Light Company ('FPL') has agreed to subordinate its easement interests to Manatee County. FPL Utilities will remain in the new right-of-way.
- As consideration for FPL giving Manatee County the area of the easements and subordinating its interests to Manatee County, the County agrees to pay FPL for relocation costs.
- This subordination was not identified on the original 44th Avenue East (30th Street East to 45th Street East) plans and should have been included on item 19 of the revised June 17, 2014, agenda.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return one fully executed and dated original agreement to Charles Meador at 1112 Manatee Avenue, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida.
Email an approved copy of this agenda item to Charles Meador at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org, Will Lorenzo at email@example.com, and Jeff Streitmatter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$52.50 Recording Fee.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: FPL Subordination of Utility Interests.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf