Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - November 15, 2016
REVISED November 15, 2016 - Regular Meeting
Agenda Item #37

Hurricane Hermine


Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jan Brewer, Director, Financial Management, Ext. 3730

Action Requested
Adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-095, for FY16 Hurricane Hermine expenses, amending the annual budget for Manatee County, FL for Fiscal Year 2016.

Enabling/Regulating Authority

Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relied and Emergency Act, PL 93-288, as amended.

Manatee County Code of Laws

Background Discussion

The purpose of this budget amendment is to begin the process for financial reimbursement to Manatee County for damages incurred as a result of Hurricane Hermine.  Currently, accounts developed to store cost data need to be reimbursed for FY16 expenditures.  This budget amendment will move money from Reserves in each affected fund to the storm related accounts. 

Reimbursement is being sought from FEMA and the State of Florida.  FEMA reimburses at seventy five percent (75%), and the State of Florida and Manatee County share in the remaining twenty five percent (25%) of eligible costs.

A kickoff meeting is scheduled with FEMA in November to begin the reimbursement process.  An agreement will be forthcoming before the Board between FEMA, the State of Florida, and Manatee County for reimbursement assistance.

The total of FY16 costs associated with Hurricane Hermine are $670,122.  Cleanup and/or reconstruction efforts are still underway for FY17, so cost estimates are not yet available.

County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)

Explanation of Other

Reviewing Attorney

Instructions to Board Records
Copies to budget@mymanatee.org

Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$670,122 from Reserves in various funds to sections 0018128

Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs

Attachment:  B-16-095 Hurricane Hermine.pdf