|REVISED May 9, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #41
Myakka City Fire Control District Seat Appointments
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Chief Daniel Cacchiotti, Myakka City Fire Control District
Adopt Resolution R-17-044 to appoint Fire Commissioners to fill District Seats 2 and 4.
- On July 30, 2013, the Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution R-13-120 appointing commissioners of the district board of the Myakka City Fire Control District to even-numbered seats for a term of four (4) years commencing June 1, 2013.
- Terms of commissioners appointed to even-numbered District Seats 2 and 4 expire on May 31, 2017.
- The vacancies were advertised and applications submitted to Chief Cacchiotti. Two applications were received from current incumbents serving as Commissioners to Districts 2 and 4, respectively:
- Jason McKendree, District 2
- Robert Hendrickson, District 4
- The Board of County Commissioners is requested to appoint one individual to each seat.
- Chief Cacchiotti recommends reappointment of the two commissioners to their current district seat.
- The term of the commissioners appointed to the District Seats 2 and 4 commences June 1, 2017, and expires on May 31, 2021.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Resolution R-17-044 was prepared by Assistant County Attorney Zamboni.
Instructions to Board Records
Please email a copy of the adopted Resolution to Marianne Lopata at firstname.lastname@example.org, Juliet Shepard at Juliet.email@example.com, and Dawn Graf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: MCFD McKendree Jason 03-29-17.pdf
Attachment: MCFD Hendrickson Robert 03-29-17.pdf
Attachment: RLS 2017-0234.pdf