|REVISED May 8, 2014 - Planning Commission Meeting|
Agenda Item #4
Z-13-02 – BUIKEMA MOBILE HOME VENTURES, LLC - DTS 20130500 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - ROSSINA LEIDER
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-13-02, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This is a straight rezone request for 0.47 ± acres (20,603 square feet) from RSMH-6 (Residential Single-Family Manufactured Home, 6 dwelling units per acre) to GC (General Commercial).
• The site is located south of 53rd Avenue West, approximately 285 feet west of the intersection of US 41 and 53rd Avenue West, and is part of a ± 1.165 acre parcel (Parcel ID 5883300005). The site is in the Urban Core, and part of the South County Community Redevelopment Area (CRA), and the Transportation Concurrency Exception Area (TCEA).
• The entire overall parcel is within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) FLUC. However, the eastern portion of the parcel with frontage along the US 41 (0.692 acres) is zoned GC (General Commercial), since the western portion with frontage along the 53rd Avenue West (0.473 acres subject to rezone) is zoned residentially (RSMH-6).
• The overall parcel is currently developed with a mobile home park (Aloha Estates). There are no mobile home owners residing on the area subject to rezone, and the majority of existing structures on site are non-occupied. None of the residents renting mobile home on the property subject to be rezone fall within the definition of “mobile home owners” as defined in Section 723.003, Florida Statutes.
• Developments within the GC zoning district are limited to a maximum building size of 50,000 square feet. The maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) in the GC zoning district is 0.25 (without Special Approval) will allow a maximum of 5,151 ± square foot building, except for a mini-warehouse use which allows a maximum 0.35 FAR (7,211 ± square foot building).
• The range of uses permitted in the GC zoning district include retail sales, eating establishment, bank, hotel, office, gas pumps, convenience stores, etc. The R/O/R FLUC list retail, wholesale or office commercial uses which function in the market place as neighborhood, community, or region-serving in the range of potential uses, and exempts commercial project from commercial locational criteria requirements.
• The site will have direct access to 53rd Avenue W classified as an Arterial roadway.
• Compliance with the standards of the GC zoning district and all other requirements of the LDC will be reviewed and verified with future site plan approval for this site.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 4/14/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Z-13-02 - BUIKEMA MH VENTURES - 20130500 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Z-13-02 - BUIKEMA MH VENTURES - 20130500 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Transportation Study - Z-13-02 - BUIKEMA MH VENTURES - 20130500 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Z-13-02 - Buikema Mobile Home Ventures, LLC - 5-8-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Survey and legal description - BUIKEMA MH VENTURES - 20130500 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Z-13-02 - BUIKEMA MH VENTURES - 20130500 - 140508 PC.pdf