|Planning Commission Manatee County Government, Administrative Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West First Floor, Commission Chambers, 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-13-36(Z)(P) – C-1 BANK - FKA COMMUNITY BANK & COMPANY - LORRAINE ESTATES - DTS 20130363 - QUASI - JUDICIAL - ROSSINA LEIDER
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-36(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.3, B.1, C.1 - C.3, and D.1 - D.4; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval of alternatives to Sections 714.8.7, and 715.3.4 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The 24.55 ± acre site is located on the east side of Lorraine Road, approximately one mile north of SR 70.
• The site is zoned A/WP-E/ST (General Agriculture/Watershed Protection/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) and within the RES-1 (Residential – one dwelling units per acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The site is currently vacant, however, it was previously developed for a church (Faith Christian Church), and there are the following improvements on-site:
- 2 structures (12,225 sq. ft. main building for the church and 2,880 sq. ft. accessory building for Sunday School classroom),
- main driveway entrance, parking areas, drainfield, and detention areas.
• The current request is to rezone the property to PDR (Planned Development Residential) retaining the overlay districts (WP-E/ST), and approve a Preliminary Site Plan for a maximum of 24 single-family detached lots. The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
- One access point from Lorraine Road, a two-lane collector roadway that is planned to be a 150-foot wide four-lane arterial (per the 2030 Future Traffic Circulation Map).
- Lots located along both sides of an internal loop. The proposal includes larger lots with sizes that vary from 19,068 sq. ft. to 27,066 sq. ft. and an average width of 140 feet (66 feet for lots with front into a curvilinear street).
- A 24 feet wide roadway loop (50 feet wide public right-of-way).
- A 20-foot wide roadway buffer along Lorraine Road, and 15 feet wide greenbelt landscape buffer along the north, east, and south property boundaries.
- A 5-foot wide sidewalk within the referenced roadway buffer, and along both sides of the internal loop.
- Stormwater management areas at the center portion of the site, and conservation areas to the west (wetland and wetland buffer). No impacts to wetland (± 0.635 acres) or wetland buffers are proposed.
- Connection to nearest sanitary sewer force main will be provided by the developer.
- A gross and net density of 0.98 and 1.39 dwelling units per acre respectively.
- 35 % of open space (8.60 acres) is provided as is required for a project within the Watershed Overlay District.
- An open recreational field with picnic tables is proposed as a “focal point” (9,804 sq. ft.).
• The proposed use (single-family detached) and density (0.98 gross and 1.39 net) are consistent with the intent and maximum density threshold of the RES-1 FLUC, which allows for consideration of suburban or urban residential uses with a maximum gross and net density of 1 du/acre and 2 du/acre respectively.
• Special approval is required for a project:
- exceeding a net density of 1.0 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-1 FLUC, and
- within the Braden River Watershed (Evers Reservoir Watershed
Protection and Special Treatment Overlay Districts).
• The applicant request Specific Approval to:
- Reduced replacement tree sizes (LDC Section 714.8.7)
- To allow one canopy tree per lot frontage (LDC Section 715.3.4)
• Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals.
• Staff recommends approval of this request, with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on 4/15/2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - C1 Bank Lorraine Estates - 5-8-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Letter - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - Lorraine Estates - 20140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - Lorraine Estates - dts 20130363 - 20140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - Lorraine Estates - dts20130363 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Flood and Aerial - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - Lorraine Estates - dts20130363 - 140508 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - C1 Bank Lorraine Estates - 5-8-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plans - PDR-13-36(Z)(P) - Lorraine Estates - 20140508 PC.pdf