|REVISED May 23, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #45
Reimbursement Agreement with Florida Railroad Museum for Capital Improvements
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Presenter: Elliott Falcione, CVB Exec. Director, x3940
Contact: Monica Luff, Sr. Admin Spec., x3944
Authorization for County Administrator to execute Reimbursement Agreement for Capital Improvements with Florida Railroad Museum .
Code of Laws 2-29-25 Tourist Development Plan
F.S.S. 125.0104 Authorized uses of Resort Tax Funds
- On April 17, 2017, the Tourist Development Council unanimously recommended approval.
- This Agreement allows reimbursement of up to one million five hundred thousand dollars ($1,500,000) over a four-year period (2017 - 2021), not to exceed $400,000 in any County fiscal year, for capital improvements to the Florida Railroad Museum.
- The Florida Railroad Museum will oversee the entire capital improvement process, which will include:
- Completion of all of the infrastructure required by Manatee County (sewer, water, stormwater retention, parking, road improvements)
- 600' train building that would cover four tracks to showcase historic rail cars and locomotives
- Freight house museum display area including an artifact display room, gift shop, waiting room, and ticket office.
- The reimbursement agreement will include the completed projects already invested by the Museum in the amount of $270,553.
- The improvements to the Florida Railroad Museum will help generate marketplace impressions that will enhance tourism development.
- This museum will be "one of a kind" in the State of Florida.
- The funds will be put in each respective fiscal year CVB budget.
- All funds involved are tourism taxes, NOT ad valorem taxes.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send one original signed agreement to Monica Luff, CVB
Copy of approved agenda memo to Monica Luff, CVB email@example.com and Eva Galler, CVB firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
1030002400582000 Tourist Development Tax Other Civic Enterprises - CVB
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Up to $1.5 Million; not to exceed $400,000 per year for 4 years
Attachment: Legal memo - Fla RR Museum Agree.pdf
Attachment: Florida RR Museum Agreement.pdf