|REVISED May 10, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #22
Florida Department of Environmental Protection Beach Nourishment Agreement 11ME1, Amendment No. 4
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment No. 4 to Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment project agreement 11ME1 with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection; and adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-057 amending the Annual Budget of Manatee County, FL, for FY 2016.
- The majority of the Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project is part of the Federal Manatee County Shore Protection which was restored in 1993. Nourishment was completed in 2002. In 2005, a portion of the island received federally funded hurricane recovery nourishment. Restoration of the Coquina Beach segment and the City of Anna Maria segment was completed in 2011.
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) provides financial assistance to eligible governmental entities for beach erosion control activities under the Florida Beach Management Funding Assistance Program.
- FDEP has determined that 100 percent of the 2014-2015 Anna Maria Island Beach Renourishment Project cost is eligible for State cost sharing.
- FDEP Agreement 11ME1 was executed by the Board on January 10, 2012.
- Amendment #1, increasing the State funding an additional $421,482 and extending the completion date to December 15, 2016, was executed by the Board on September 24, 2013.
- Amendment #2, increasing the State funding an additional $1,782,250, was executed by the Board on September 23, 2014.
- Amendment #3, executed by the Board on April 21, 2015, decreased the agreement $564,000 due to Federal Funds being inadvertently included in the original agreement.
- Amendment #4 increases the State funding an additional $2,500,000 for construction of the Cortez Groins. Manatee County matching funds have previously been budgeted. This Amendment also extends the completion date to March 31, 2018.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-057 is requested to amend the annual budget of Manatee County, FL, for FY 2016.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two signed original agreements to Jayne Roberts, Parks & Natural Resources, for transmittal to FDEP and copy of approved agenda to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$2,500,000 Beach Erosion Control Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 11ME1_A4-Anna Maria Island Beach Nourishment Project.pdf
Attachment: Budget Resolution B-16-057.pdf