|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1st Floor - Patricia M. Glass Chambers March 7, 2019 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #8
9:00 am Time Certain LDCT-17-05/Ordinance 19-03 fka 18-03 - Land Development Code Text Amendment (County Initiated)/Process Improvements - Legislative - Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Lisa Barrett, Planning Manager, 941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Pat Tyjeski, Principal Project Manager, SM&E (Consultant)
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
No action necessary; this is the first of two required public hearings. The second public hearing is scheduled for March 21, 2019 at 1:30 pm or as soon thereafter as same may be heard.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This is a
• The subject matter land development regulation amendments (aka: Process Improvements) were initiated at a Board Work Session in December of 2016; after which a series of public work sessions and public hearings were held.
• Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan (PA-17-08/Ord.18-04) were approved and became effective in October 2018.
• The Land Development Code Amendment public hearings (LDCT-17-07/Ord. 19-03) followed:
• The February 5th, 2019 Special Land Use Public Hearing was held to address the Board’s comments and concerns raised at the December 6th, 2018 hearing as well as address any public comment received to date and to further obtain input or comment on the proposed amendments.
• Also, since the December 6th, 2018 hearing, in addition to addressing comments received, staff is revising the amendments to limit changes to Chapter 7, Environmental and Cultural Resource Protection and postpone any Amendments to Chapter 10, Transportation Management. Any future changes to Chapter 7 and 10 will be subject to separate ordinances and further public hearings.
• The Planning Commission public hearing is scheduled for February 28, 2019; updates from that hearing will on the update for the March 7, 2019 Board of County Commissioners Land Use Meeting.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - LDC Text Amd Process Improvement LDCT-17-05 Ord. 18-03- 3-7-19 BOCC.pdf
Attachment: Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Memo's in response to public comments.pdf
Attachment: Public Comments.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance No. 19-03 LDC Process Improvements.2.28.19docx.pdf
Attachment: LDC Changes_Post PC Hearing 3.pdf
Attachment: Ch2_Definitions_v33_post 14-05_v2.pdf
Attachment: Ch3_RevAuthProcedures_v40_POST PC.pdf
Attachment: Ch4_Zoning_v41_post 19-05.pdf
Attachment: Ch5_AccesSpecUses_v35_POST PC.pdf