|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1st Floor - Patricia M. Glass Chambers March 7, 2019 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #14
PDC-91-07(G)(R) Lakeside Plaza Shopping Center /Home Depot USA, Inc. (Owner) Quasi-Judicial PLN1812-0055 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-91-07(G)(R) retaining Stipulations 1-12; APPROVE the amendment to the General Development Plan; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section: 531.31.F. (Relocating the required foundation planting for Mini-Warehouse/Self-Storage to other landscape areas), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The request is for a revised Zoning Ordinance to add Mini-Warehouses/Self-Storage to the previously approved uses within a commercial site, and amend the General Development Plan on a ±2.6 acres of the ±13.44-acres of land within the previously approved PDC to convert an existing structure to a self-storage facility.
• The site is generally located on the north side of Cortez Road west and east of 24th Street west, Bradenton.
• The Mini-warehouse/self-storage will be in an existing vacant retail building on the site. There is no new additional square footage proposed.
• No additional parking is required.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Section 531.31.F (Foundation planting for Mini-Warehouse/Self-Storage) to allow that required landscape planting material will be located within existing parking islands and/or landscape buffer(s).
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 14, 2019, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comment heard at the February 14, 2019 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2019-0021 on January 23, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakeside Plaza PDC-91-07(G)(R) PLN1812-0055.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Amended General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Project Narrative.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Specific Approval Letter .pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Ordinance PDC-91-07(G)(R).pdf
Attachment: 8 - Public Comments.pdf