|REVISED March 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #49
Temporary Construction Easement Agreement between the City of Bradenton and Manatee County for property located at 2004 12th Avenue West, Bradenton, Florida 34205, PID 4069700005
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439
Larry Decker, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6287
- Accept, execute, and record Temporary Construction Easement Agreement from the City of Bradenton.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 125
- On February 26, 2013, the City of Bradenton obtained a Drainage, Utility and Temporary Construction Easement from Manatee County. The Temporary Construction Easement (TCE) was effective for a period of two years and has since expired.
- In preparation of their FY2017 mini-maintenance dredge activities within Wares Creek, the City of Bradenton contacted the Property Acquisition Division to request another TCE at this same location.
- The TCE is being requested at a County owned parcel, located adjacent to the City dredging project at the northeast corner of Wares Creek and 12th Avenue West.
- Property Acquisition staff corresponded with Public Works staff for their input regarding the request.
- Upon further review, a meeting was suggested and held on November 1, 2016, between City of Bradenton staff, Manatee County staff, and the County Attorneys Office (CAO).
- At the meeting, it was determined that the TCE would be used for staging equipment, temporary storage of dredged material, and dewatering of dredged material. Other related concerns were also addressed.
- A Temporary Construction Easement Agreement was drafted by the City. It was reviewed and revised by the CAO and a final version was distributed for review and acceptance by the City.
- The TCE agreement has been presented to the City Council and executed, and is now being presented for consideration by the Board.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Assistant County Attorney Pamela D'Agostino attended a meeting, reviewed a draft proposal of the TCE agreement, and provided a revised agreement that was accepted for use in this matter.
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed agreement to Larry Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org, Alicia Stull at Alicia.email@example.com, and Susan Hochuli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$35.50 Recording Fee #001-0020505 Property Acquisition Core Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: City of Bradenton TCE Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Wares Creek and 20th St W- Drain and Util Esmt DS.pdf