|REVISED March 6, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #31
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from Ronald J. Gray and Debra D. Gray for the property located at 4305 65th Street East, Bradenton, Florida 34208 PID# 1494212408
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Chris Munyon, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6285
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with Ronald J. Gray and Debra D. Gray for the purpose of the 44th Avenue East Road Improvement Project from 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East.
- Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes.
- Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 5.1 addresses the safety and efficiency of forecasted vehicular demands.
- The 44th Avenue East Road Improvement Project from 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East was approved in FY 2014 (Project Number 6086960).
- Parcel 139 is improved with a single family dwelling located at 4305 65th Street East.
- This homestead parcel serves as the primary residence.
- Independence Acquisition and Appraisal, LLC, was contracted to negotiate an agreement for the land.
- On March 16, 2017, Appraiser Nick Chop, MAI, Compass Real Estate, determined the value of the area for acquisition at $151,000.00 consisting of a land value at $33,600.00, Improvements at $46,050.00, Damages Incurable at $61,950.00, and Cost to Cure, Net, or Minor at $9,400.00.
- Ronald J. Gray and Debra D. Gray, the owners, retained attorney Gregory S. Rix and Ryan C. Reese of Moore, Bowman, & Rix, P.A.
- A settlement was approved by Public Works in the amount of $335,870.00 for land, improvements, and cost to cure and includes legal and expert costs. Manatee County, as the condemning authority, is required to pay a landowner's attorney fees and reasonable expert costs in eminent domain proceedings.
- This is a partial acquisition of the parcel consisting of 23,973 square feet.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Chris Munyon at email@example.com, Johnnie Yetter at firstname.lastname@example.org, Eric Shroyer at email@example.com, and Angelia Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $335,870.00 to 399-6086960, 44th Avenue East - 45th Street East to 44th Avenue Plaza East.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase Parcel 139.pdf
Attachment: Cost Avoidance Analysis Parcel 139.pdf
Attachment: Location Map Parcel 139.pdf