|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 3, 2016|
Agenda Item #10
PDMU-15-08(P) - American Momentum Bank/Westport - DTS20150157 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-15-08(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1–A.6, B.1–B.2, C.1-C.4, D.1-D.7 and E.1–E.3; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) located adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek) and 2) habitable structures within the 25-year floodplain; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Donald D. Neu, Neu Consulting, LLC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for a158-unit residential project with an existing zoning of PD-MU.
• The PSP site is approximately 43.74± acres located on south of SR 70 East, on the east and west sides of 37th Street East, north of 39th Street East and commonly known as 5510 39th Street East, Bradenton.
• The project proposes two (2) lot sizes and housing types. A “new urbanism” design is proposed in the eastern center portion of the site. This design incorporates rear loaded garages adjacent to the roadway with “common” open spacing including sidewalks as the front yard.
• The parcel is located in the RES-6 (42.5 acres) and RES-9 (1.2 acres) future land use categories.
• Gross Density: 3.61 du/ac; Net Density: 4.01 du/ac
• Special Approval is required for property adjacent to a perennial stream (Pearce Drain/Gap Creek) and habitable structures within the 25-year floodplain.
• 17.36 acres (40%) are proposed for open space; 30% is required.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 11, 2016, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower stated that the decrease in density versus the prior approval is a good thing; the Board of County Commissioners should consider a wall instead of a fence on the property line and he has concern for the safety of the entrances.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the February 11, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on January 19, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - 3-3-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P) - Bradenton Herald - 3-3-16BC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - American Momentum Bank - PDMU-15-08(P) - 20150157 - Sarasota Herald Line - 3-3-16 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis minus app. - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Westport Subdivision - PDMU-15-08(P) - 3-3-16BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Westport - PDMU-15-08(P).pdf
Attachment: Memo from County Attorney re Drainage Easement for Update memo.pdf