|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 3, 2016|
Agenda Item #7
PA-15-04 - Ordinance 16-11 fka 15-33 - Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager,
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-15-04, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
This is a county initiated text amendment to update the Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment Sub-Elements.
• An updated analysis of per capita flows recommended a decrease in Level of Service standards for the Southeast and North WWTP.
a. No change recommended to the Southwest WWTP gallon per capita. (115 gpcd)
• Projected population and revised per capita level of service standards extended the treatment capacity for user need.
• Policy 126.96.36.199 is reworded for clarification.
• Incorporated reference to wastewater master plan; corrected map title and specific department names replaced with generic term “department director”.
• On November 12, 2015, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• On December 3, 2015, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Board of County Commissioners transmitted to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on September 24, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed ordinance to email@example.com for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-15-04 - Ordinance 16-11 fka 15-33 - Water Supply - 3-3-16BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment - PA-15-04 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 3-3-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Water Supply and Wastewater Treatment - PA-15-04 - Bradenton Herald - 3-3-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Agency Comments - PA-15-04 - Ordinance 16-11 fka -15-33.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 16-11 fka 15-33 - PA15-02 - Water Supply Wasterwater - 12-3-15 BC.pdf