|REVISED March 24, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #4
Presentation of 2015 Fleet Masters Award received by Fleet to the Board
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Michael J. Brennan, CEM
Fleet Services Division Manager
Recognition by the Board of County Commissioners for the Fleet Masters Award recently received by Manatee County Fleet Services Division from the Association of Equipment Management Professionals, Construction Equipment Magazine, and AEMP Partners for Growth.
County Personnel Policies.
- Manatee County Fleet Services is a member of the Association of Equipment Management Professionals (AEMP), a nationwide organization of both public
and private fleet maintenance entities.
- Formed in 1982, the AEMP promotes heavy duty equipment management as a profession. Through the AEMP, fleet management professionals working in construction, utilities, energy, mining, and government build and maintain relationships among manufacturers, users, government agencies, educational institutions and others involved in the design, maintenance, and operation of heavy equipment. The AEMP is committed to being the provider of the best
education practices through conferences, online learning, and constant networking access to peers throughout the industry. This is the only organization dedicated solely to those who manage and maintain heavy duty vehicles and
- Each year, the Association of Equipment Management Professionals, Construction Equipment Magazine, and the AEMP Partners for Growth recognize equipment professionals and organizations who excel in meeting
unique challenges inherent to delivering cost effective management of mixed fleets of on-road and off-road
- The Fleet Masters Award is the premier industry award of its kind, and is issued to one public and one private equipment professional and organization that excels in meeting unique challenges inherent to delivering cost effective management of mixed fleets of on- and off-road equipment.
- Manatee County Fleet Services was recognized again in 2015 for the third time in the past 7 years as the industry’s best, receiving this coveted award on March 18, 2015, from AEMP at their annual conference in Orlando, FL, naming Manatee County Fleet Services the number one Government Fleet Operation in the nation.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please send a stamped copy of the Agenda to Fleet Services Admin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs