|REVISED March 22, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
Amendment #2 to the FY 15/16 Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Grant Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / Ext. 3030
- Authorization for the Chairman to execute Amendment #2 to the FY 15/16 Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) Agreement EH-15/16-MAN between Manatee County and the Senior Connection Center, Inc., increasing funding, changing some contract wording, and revising the Budget Summary.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-16-046 amending the annual budget for Manatee County for FY 15/16. No additional county match is required.
Florida Statutes Chapter 125
- Amendment #2 reflects a funding increase of $896, a revised Budget Summary reflecting this change, and wording changes in the contract.
- The additional funds are a result of a statewide surplus of funds.
- This increase will assist in covering the costs of outreach and will allow for approximately 5 more clients to receive assistance with their energy emergency.
- The Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program is a grant funded through Senior Connection Center, Inc., and assists low income households with at least one person 60 years of age or older who are experiencing a home energy emergency.
- The program allows for assistance with electric bill payments through an application qualifying process developed by the state.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two originals of Amendment #2 and a signed copy of Budget Resolution B-16-046 to Community Services Department. One original of the amendment will be returned to Board Records when executed by the funding source.
Email the signed Resolution B-16-046 to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$61,591 Federal Funds 15/16 EHEAP 1739000209
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-16-046 EHEAP FY15-16.pdf